CrossFit Open/Games 2023
ALL Drop In Athletes that are OFFICIALLY SIGNED UP for the 2023 CrossFit Open (via the CrossFit Games, not just your affiliate) – Please complete your waiver, drop in payment, and RSVP PRIOR to attending by clicking HERE.
Lahaina CrossFit is excited to host another year of the online Open qualifier this CrossFit Games season! This year is 3 weeks with additional qualifiers along the way. Our athletes and visitors are excited to embrace another Open Season!
This will be our 12th year hosting the Open! We’ve learned a few tricks along the way to keep everyone having fun, staying safe, and getting legit validated scoring in a timely manner.
This is how we will run heats for validation this season
1. The announced Open WOD from Thursday will be programmed for all classes on the following Friday. Whether or not you have signed up for the Open, this will be the WOD programmed (obviously with modifications available if not for score). **Please note there will be No 9am Class on Friday February 17th, February 24th, and March 3rd. There will however still be Open Gym like always so you can still WOD on your own those days. The OPEN athletes will take precedence of space and equipment.
2. We have taken (and passed) the judging course. We will have our certified head judges over-seeing all athletes during each heat. LCF coaches are NOT available to specifically judge for one athlete at a time.
3. Each participating athlete will need their own judge for their WOD and heat time.
4. We ask that athletes participating buddy up – each taking the time to judge for the other.
5. There will be scoring/judging heats during the Friday 9AM Hour. We will hit the 3…2…1.. GO at approx. 9:25 with heats following according to the WOD programmed and equipment available. Be ready to go at 9:25 in the case we only have 1 heat. We will not continue to add heats for those showing up after the initial 3…2…1… GO
6. We will also have scoring/judging heats during Open Gym on Sat starting promptly at 9:30. Be ready to go at 9:30 in the case we only have 1 heat. We will not continue to add heats for those showing up after the initial 3…2…1… GO
7. We will also have scoring/judging heats during Open Gym on Mondays starting promptly at 10AM.Be ready to go at 10:00 in the case we only have 1 heat. We will not continue to add heats for those showing up after the initial 3…2…1… GO
8. We ask that if you have not signed up for the CF OPEN that you participate during class time or open gym time without securing a heat time/judge.
9. We will have scoresheets for participating athletes available along with clipboards and pens.
10. We will have the standards printed and posted. It is the athletes responsibility to look over these. We will briefly go over them before each heat, but need to keep heats moving. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
11. Once the WOD is complete, each athlete will sign their scorecard and the judge will not only initial, but sign as well. We need full names in the case of any discrepancy.
12. It is the athletes responsibility to submit their OWN score – listing performed at Lahaina CrossFit and selecting one of our head judges names.
13. We will ONLY validate all scores that WE have overseen.
14. If you plan on submitting a video, please contact us ahead of time.
15. Have a great season, cheer on others, hit those PRs, stay safe, and don’t forget to HAVE FUN!
*all terms subject to change upon weekly announcement – we will update on our Facebook and Instagram pages – stay tuned each week*
*Visit games.crossfit.com for more information regarding the Worldwide Open and registration
Can you make this ONE exception for me???
If it was ONE…of course we would! However, we get about 100 drop in/score validations each week of the Open. In order to keep it fair to all parties involved we will stick to our guidelines that we have provided. Please plan accordingly.
I.E – when you book a whale watch – do you ask them if just this one time, they could leave about an hour earlier or later when it fits your schedule?
But….I’m not going to the Games or anything….
We know…about 99.9999% of us aren’t…..However, if they wanted us to just score ourselves or not worry about having a certified judge over see the WOD, then what’s the point? If you signed up, that is what you signed up for. It is our integrity at stake if you choose to participate at LCF and we take that seriously.
Why can’t I just do it in class – off to the side with my own judge – I won’t be in the way.
We are committed to coach in our class times. The class floor is designated to the class participants during allocated class times. Our responsibility is to keep the environment safe, fun, and for everyone to get in their WOD at the time they choose to come – whether they are there for the class WOD or to do their Open WOD.
I.E – when you go on a snorkel trip, do you ask to just go your own way because you’ve snorkeled before?
Thank you for your patience, flexibility, and respect for our time, our athletes, our coaches, and our equipment. #teamwork