Aloha LCF Ohana! We will be doing the WOD and Front Squat STRENGTH today in class. Squat Clean Thruster work will be optional during open gym.
0:30 Echo (OR Assault) Bike Fast! *Class will use any cardio piece available
#squat clean thruster
Every minute, On the minute (10:00)
1 Cluster (Squat Clean Thruster)
* Add weight to each set
* Move up in weight each set.
* In between sets perform 20 push-ups as fast as possible *Scale to 10-15 Pushups if need
1 Pause Front Squat + 1, 1 ¼ Front Squat + 1 Front Squat x 3 sets
* Try to work up to 90-100% 1RM Clean. *3 second pause on Pause Squat *1 ¼ Front Squat
3 Front Squats x 3 sets @100-105% of 1RM Clean
* In between sets perform 10 goblet squats and 20 air squats as fast as possible.
MAYHEM BODYBUILDING: Do SOME, ALL or NONE. Listen to your body and go by feel.
Barbell Back Squat
5 sets: 10-12 Reps; increasing across sets
*Focus: High bar position. Controlled speed down and up. Stop just before full lockout at the top of each rep for added time under tension on legs Rest 90 sec b/w sets
5 sets: 10-12 reps; increasing across sets
*Focus: traditional deadlift setup. Keep weight to a controllable amount meaning no bouncing off the floor. All reps are touch and go – do not reset at the bottom of reps.
Elevated Heel Goblet Squat
4 sets: 10-15 reps; moderate weight. Stay the same or increase across sets
*Focus: Use a small plate or slant board under each heel. Hold a DB or KB in a goblet position. Focus on keeping tension in the legs throughout out sets. Stop just before full lockout at the top of each rep for added time under tension
Elevated Toe Double DB Romanian Deadlift
4 sets: 10-15 reps; moderate weight. Stay the same or increase across sets.
* Focus: Use a small plate or slant board under toes of each foot. Holding dumbbells in each hand, push the hips back, lowering the dumbbells down the front of the legs until the end ROM is hit (or the low back begins to round out). Straps are allowed to be used so that grip is not a limiting factor for sets. If mobility doesn’t allow for toes to be elevated, perform reps with non-elevated toes.
DB Walking Lunges
4 sets: 30 yd length; moderate loading. DB’s can be held in any fashion
*Focus: Find an area that 30yds can be lunged unbroken. Lunges should be done for quality, not for weight. Feel free to begin with only bodyweight and increase across sets. For walking lunges, attempt to keep tension in the legs during the entire rep, meaning you shouldn’t be resting/slamming the back knee into the floor. Keep loading to something that will allow for smooth, constant lunges throughout sets.
Seated Barbell Calf Raise
4 sets: 15-20 reps; moderate loading
*Focus: Elevate feet so that you can pass below parallel to the floor with the heels. Drive through the big toe at extension.
If needed. Use dumbbells on the knees to load this movement *Make sure that platform you have toes on will not flip when loading on edge